Managing COVID at Hockey : 27th January 2022
All the latest guidance on returning to play can be found here. Majority of the restrictions have now been lifted and the focus is about managing COVID within Hockey.
Our members, umpires and coach’s safety continues to be our key priority, the steps in place are there to keep us all safe and ensure we can continue to play hockey.
We will continue to review our policies in line with the latest guidelines from the Government and England Hockey as they are published. Keep coming back to this page for updated information.
If any player or coach tests positive for COVID-19 or has to Self Isolate you must notify our COVID Officer, Flying / Vicki (email@example.com or via Pitchero) and the NHS (who will manage track and trace).
England Hockey have created a simple flowchart to help you know what you need to do and who to contact
If you have any COVID Symptoms, self-isolating, living in a household with a possible Covid-19 infection please stay at home and do not attend training or matches.
- We will continue to use Pitchero to record attendance and selection, so please continue to register as attending for training and games.
- Many venues will have their own rules, please adhere to them
- Stick tapping at the end of a match is advised, rather than a handshake/high five etc.
- No spitting (please).
- Car sharing is now allowed as per the Government Guidelines.
- Please continue to use sanitiser on your hands and kit.
Please be mindful when playing, training, and interacting with Club members and respect their personal space and views. We want everyone to feel included and safe and it's still an uncertain time for many.
All the latest news on Returning to Play and the guidelines adopted by Phoenix and Ranelagh:
- Sport England Guidelines
- England Hockey
NHS Test and Trace: if you've been in contact with a person who has coronavirus
England Hockey Managing COVID guidance